JEELS 2016 - 10ème édition des Journées de l'EELS
June 28th-30th 2016
- Abstract deadline: 26th May 2016
- Contributed talks selection: 30th May 2016
- Registration deadline: 7thJune 2016
- Prof. Sara Bals (U. Antwerp - Belgium)
- Dr. Matthieu Bugnet (McMaster U., Hamilton - Canada)
- Prof. Francisco Javier Garcia de Abajo (IFCO, Barcelona - Spain)
- Prof. Ferdinand Hofer (Graz U. of Technology, Graz - Austria)
- Dr. Mathieu Kociak (LPS, U. Paris-Sud, Orsay-France)
- Prof. Susana Trasobares (U. Cadiz, Cadiz - Spain)
Dr. Raul Arenal (U. Zaragoza, Spain), email@example.com
Dr. Sonia Estrade (U. Barcelona, Spain), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Pascale Bayle-Guillemaud (CEA-Grenoble, France)
Prof. Philippe Moreau (IMN, U. Nantes, France)
Dr. Guillaume Radtke (CNRS - U. Paris VI, France)
Prof. Odile Stephan (Paris-Sud Orsay University, France)
Dr. Bénedicte Warrot-Fonrose (CEMES, CNRS, Toulouse, France)
- Combination of EELS with other TEM techniques, i.e: EELS/Cathodoluminesce, EELS/EDS, tomo-EELS...
- Core losses: beyond the elemental maps - quantification, atomic configuration.
- Low losses: optoelectronics, photonics and further information extracted from this region (vibrational properties, charge transfer...).
- Applications: EFTEM and (S)TEM-EELS studies in any kind of (bio)materials. All the technical/technological advances are also welcome in this session.
- Tuesday 28th June :
- 16:30 - 19:45 hrs - Welcome + 1st Session
- 20:00 - 21:30 hrs - Poster Session
- Wednesday 29th June:
- 8:30 - 13:30 hrs - 2nd & 3rd Sessions
- 14:45 - 17:30 hrs - 4th Session
- 17:45 - 20:30 - Visit of the city / Free time
- 21:00 Gala dinner
- Thursday 30th June:
- 8:30 - 13:45 hrs - 5th & 6th Sessions + Poster Session
- 15:15 - 16:15 hrs Round table about any recent advance related to EELS.
One page abstracts that include specific results and conclusions to allow a scientific assessment of proposed oral presentation or poster are invited.
To submit your abstract, you must first apply for a username and password. Once this is done, you can submit your abstract.Apply Submit Abstract
- Tarragona is about 100 km from the Barcelona International Airport (el Prat). There are several possibilities:
- By train: Rodalies train from el Prat to Barcelona Sants and then Regional or Euromed train to Tarragona.
- By bus: There is a direct bus from (to) Barcelona airport to (from) Tarragona. The information (including schedule and the way to do the reservation) can be found here
- By taxi.
- You can get to Tarragona by train via Barcelona Sants (TGV to Barcelona Sants and then Regional or Euromed train to Tarragona).
- You can also get straight to the TGV Camp de Tarragona station (15 km from downtown Tarragona).
Sharing the room: 325 euros
Single room: 400 euros
The conference fees include: registration, meals (including Gala dinner Wed. June 29th), hotel accommodation for 2 nights, coffee breaks and taxes. Incidental fees (telephone calls, faxes, equipment rentals, bar, etc.) are billed to your personal account by the hotel.
Hotel SB Ciutat de Tarragona
Passports and Visas
Most non-European citizens entering Spain must bring a valid passport. For European nationals a valid identity card suffices. Most foreign participants must also acquire an entry visa from the diplomatic mission that represents Spain in their home country. Plan well ahead of time, since issuing an entry visa may take weeks. In general, the applicant must apply in person.
More information can be found at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs website.
Participants are advised to take care of their own personal insurance. JEELS-2016 organizers will carry no responsibility in case of an accident, sickness, theft or other property damage.